When you are a startup entrepreneur or a small business owner, you are expected to have solutions to every problem in your business. This includes brainstorming on ideas, hiring the best people, communicating with team members and customers, managing accounts and finances, managing projects and operations, and more.
Undoubtedly, you are the David, continuously searching for different ways to increase your business’s productivity while competing with bigger companies that have huge capital and large manpower. At the same time, as a startup entrepreneur, your customers expect the best services from you, it doesn’t matter for them if you own a small business or a large one.
When you can’t hire the best you need the best software and tools to work for you. This calls for the need for the best apps for startups like yours.
Software is eating the world and there are new apps emerging every day. It’s tricky to create a list of all the best apps for startup entrepreneurs that everyone would agree they help in every possible way. With this in mind, we went that extra mile and put together a list of the top 17 apps for startups and small businesses.
Top 17 apps for startups & entrepreneurs
You can’t discuss top apps for startups without including Google. Google Workspace, also formerly known as G Suite, is an incredible app that lets you port files among tablets, PCs, and smartphones. This app’s standard package comes with online storage of 30 GB per user. You can upgrade this storage to unlimited as well. Moreover, it allows you to create descriptive drawings, docs, spreadsheets, presentations, and much more.
With Google Workspace you can access your Documents, Calendar, Gmail and Google Meet from within the same platform. It is easy to share, plan, coordinate and create with team members & customers. With Google Workspace you are fully empowered to work from home!
- Provides a seamless, professional, and ad-free business email experience.
- Offers a huge set of intelligent apps for all your business requirements.
- Terminates your needs to use different apps for different basic business operations.
- Secures your data and devices.
- Helps you make faster decisions, face to face.
- Allows you to collaborate in real-time.
- Let’s store and share your files in the cloud.
Another one of the best apps for startup entrepreneurs is SurveyMonkey. Why keep on guessing what your customers want when you can ask them yourself with the help of SurveyMonkey? With its help, you can create surveys so that you can measure your user’s engagement and get anonymous feedback on your products, websites, services, pricing, and more. Additionally, you can build simple or complex surveys depending upon your needs and share the results and reports with your team without sharing the login info.
- Send your surveys, quizzes, and polls via emails, websites, social media accounts, and more to the world out there.
- Review the results of your surveys as they come.
- Create surveys and choose from a lot of different templates.
- Add your business colors and logos to the surveys.
- Analyze the results with powerful analysis features.
- Export the results or integrate its data with different apps.
- Use insights to make data-driven decisions.
Slack is one of the most useful apps for startups. Unquestionably, Slack is the most popular communication app in the market right now. With the help of this app, you can easily create various communication channels, send messages in a group and even get into one-time meetings with a single Slack channel.
- Provides targeted communication channels.
- Leaves no space for confusion between team members.
- Offers easy communication ways.
- Let’s set reminders.
- Pinning messages and reference links.
- Advanced search modifiers.
- Shared channels across the workplace.
- Streamlines your sidebars.
Do you face a lot of problems while making significant and big business decisions? When you’re talking about apps for startups, Tactyqal is just the app for you. With the Tactyqal app ideas generator you can generate over 10,000 startup business ideas.
This app is an AI decision-making app for aspiring entrepreneurs, business owners, and startup CEOs to help them make informed decisions through detailed assessments that are backed by data and insights from 100+ research papers and 10,000+ startups.
- Helps in decision making and getting a custom business model.
- Provides a lot of quizzes to assist you in taking big business decisions.
- Answers your questions and provides strategic solutions.
- Idea evaluation and fundraising for small businesses.
- Helps to find out strengths and weaknesses and performs a detailed assessment.
This is yet another one of the best apps for startup entrepreneurs in 2021. You can easily schedule and manage each one of your social media posts from one place. Send your messages without any hassle to your social media platforms. You just have to create your posts, engage your followers and analyze your data.
- Up to 25 users can be added to the Buffer account.
- Choose who has full posting access or needs permissions.
- Starter plans and business plans are available.
- RSS feeds connectivity and multi-media format sharing.
- Analytics, insights, and profile management.
- Business planning and social profile sharing.
WordPress is the most popular Content Management System (CMS ) out there and is used by most businesses who have hosted their blog or small business. With WordPress, you can set up your site and blog in a few hours.
It allows updating, customizing, and managing the website from its back-end CMS and components. WordPress contains plugin architecture and a template system, so you can customize any website to fit your business, blog, portfolio, or online store.
- Easily manage your website content.
- Change look & feel of the entire website with Themes.
- Use Plugins to add any kind of feature you can think of, on your website.
- Managed website security.
- Work with teams and give different people different kinds of accessibility rights.
Adalo is a no-code tool to build websites and mobile apps. With an intuitive drag-drop interface and the ability to add databases using the interface, Adalo is a game-changer to build full-stack apps.
Adalo is free to use and you have to pay a monthly subscription if you want to connect your web app to your domain or host your mobile app on Google Play or Apple play store.
Key features include:
- Create pages and link them together using various kinds of transitions
- Make social apps like Instagram within an hour.
- Integrate other applications like Zapier or other apps from the Marketplace.
- Hire Adalo experts to take your app to the next level.
- Add various features like payments & social.
Wix helps you to create the website of your dreams within a few minutes. There are thousands of templates to choose from or you can even start from scratch. Just add content and publish and you are ready to go. So, with the help of Wix, you can create amazing websites and generate more leads as customers will have a great online experience.
- 500+ designer-made templates.
- Drag and drop website building platform that has HTML 5 capabilities.
- Top-grade hosting and innovative apps.
- Your own professional logo in minutes.
Upwork is an online marketplace to hire remote freelancers from anywhere in the world. With Upwork, you can hire freelancers to help you build your app/website, do marketing, write articles and even do sales. Since Upwork uses an escrow system for payments, you don’t have to pay before you’re 100% satisfied with the work done.
Key features include:
- Posting jobs and hiring qualified freelancers based on requirements.
- Escrow-based payment system to make sure you get the work asked for.
- Ability to buy readymade projects.
- You can also offer your services as a freelancer.
One of the top apps for startups in 2022 for financing is QuickBooks. You can connect your business bank account, PayPal, Square, and others and upload real-time data to help you keep tabs on the financial well-being of your company. Besides, you can further use this app to upload pictures of receipts and track all your expenses from your phone. It is an advantage to have this app when the tax season is about to come.
- Pay employees on time.
- View profit and loss reports.
- Track unpaid bills, sales, and expenses.
- Access to consolidated customer and supplier data.
- Lets you create and manage invoices easily.
- Handle foreign currencies.
Are planning to start an online store? Then you have to use Shopify. Shopify is an all-in-one platform for e-commerce businesses. t helps organize the layout of your store’s appearance through themes (which you’re free to modify or change any way you want). It also offers payment processing, which allows you to accept and receive payment for the products you sell.
The subscription-based software allows anyone to set up an online store and sell their products. Shopify store owners can also sell in physical locations using Shopify POS, our point-of-sale app, and accompanying hardware.
Key features include:
- Customize your online store with free and premium themes.
- Add physical or digital products to your storefront.
- Sell on new sales channels like Pinterest and Amazon.
- Automate your fulfillment process with 3rd party shipping apps.
- Using POS, turn any mobile device into a powerful point of sale.
No matter what kind of business you’re running. If you want some kind of digital presence you need to have a website. You also need to understand how your website is performing in terms of visitors and who are your key competitors.
Semrush is an all-in-one marketing platform that helps you grow your online visibility. The app contains 50+ tools on SEO, content marketing, competitor research, PPC, and social media marketing to help you attract and grow your audience online faster.
Key features include:
- Grow organic traffic with SEO tools.
- Create content that ranks on Google.
- Find out the marketing strategies of your competitors.
- Find out how to advertise more effectively.
- Build a more effective social media strategy.
Linkedin is the most popular professional social network for job seekers & entrepreneurs. Linkedin is indispensable and not being on Linkedin as a business owner means being extinct.
Linkedin can be used for networking with other entrepreneurs, finding right people to hire, and also knowing about what’s happening in the business world through content.
Key features include:
- Build your complete professional profile to connect with others.
- Post informative & engaging content so that others follow you.
- Create a company page and share posts to build an engaging community for your brand.
- Apply to or post jobs to hire the best candidates.
- Export your profile as a resume to send out to different employers.
If you’re a digital entrepreneur, you must be aware of popular products and trends. Producthunt is a site that showcases apps that are preferred by the Producthunt community.
Launching on Product Hunt is an outstanding way to get your product in front of all kinds of tech enthusiasts. This can help you drastically increase website traffic, build press coverage, generate valuable feedback, and most importantly find potential users.
Key features include:
- Publish your product on Producthunt.
- Shout out to your customers & on social media that you’re on Product Hunt.
- Engage with people who upvote you and comment.
- Add a widget on your site to highlight your live launch on Product Hunt.
If your business has any kind of digital presence, you need quality photos for your website, app, social posts, etc. Pixabay is a great source to find free stock images for different projects.
- Search Pixabay’s CC0 public domain pictures via the “Add Media” button inside the editor.
- Filter search results by image type (clipart, photo) and/or orientation (horizontal, vertical).
- Infinite scrolling through large preview images in search results.
- Direct image uploads to WordPress’ media library.
A startup founder or a business owner needs to get their voice heard on social media and with the outside world. A good writing tool is essential and that’s where Grammarly comes in.
Grammarly is an app for writers that suggests edits in real-time for spelling, grammar, and writing style. It can even suggest edits based on types of writing, such as academic, business, technical, and creative writing. Grammarly is available for free in a limited edition or as a premium edition.
The key features include:
- Get writing suggestions across an array of desktop apps and websites.
- Improve word choice and style with context-optimized suggestions.
- Over 400 checks and features to find and fix grammatical mistakes.
- Tone adjustments with the premium edition.
- Write great emails with this AI-powered writing assistant.
If you are an entrepreneur just starting up and planning to build the next game-changing web/mobile app/site, you simply can’t ignore Figma.
Figma is a UI/UX design tool with code-generation, high fidelity mockups and interactive prototyping capabilities used to design web/mobile apps, screens and illustrations. Figma is a cloud-based design tool similar to Sketch, but with big differences that make Figma better for team collaboration.
The key features include:
- Ability to build prototypes and test them.
- Enhance prototypes with various plugins.
- Share prototypes with a live link.
- Can transform Figma designs to code with plugins.
- Great for teamwork and collaboration.
We covered the 17 apps for startups that we think are the most important, and we’ve probably missed many which we’ll try to cover in a future post.
If you have just started a business or planning to start one very soon, use our AI-powered business assessments to help you make fast well-informed decisions on every aspect of the business. If you’re raising venture capital funding, check out our venture capital funding tool and find out how your startup is positioned to raise early-stage venture capital.